Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

What is Culture?

             What is Culture?


Culture’s are what make your country unique. There are different cultural rituals and activities for each country. Culture is seen in peoples  writing, religion, music, clothes, arts, cooking and in what they do.  In their country there are different beliefs and different values.       
 

Culture also includes the way you understand the world and their own lives.      
Different countries have different cultures.
For example, some older Japanese people wear kimonos, arrange flowers in vases and have tea ceremonies.



My Culture’s are New Zealander and RaroTongan. New Zealand is the place that my father is from and my mum is from RaroTonga. I am also a bit of Tahitian and Maori. I live in New Zealand. Sometimes I visit RaroTonga. Did you know that Culture has the same meaning as Nationality. What is your Culture?


My RaroTongan family always go to church. In RaroTonga there is some special things like our art, music and our cooking. My favourite RaroTongan food in rukau and taro. Rukau is made out of taro leaves. In our Country our flag has fifteen stars on it. In my culture we wear Pariues. In Samoan they call it lavalava. We wear in like a dress or you just tie it around your legs. Our traditional Art is a Tivaevae which looks like a blanket but it’s not and it has patterns on it.





My other culture is a New Zealander. My father is from New Zealand. His family is from a places called Ratihi. But now they live in Levin. Levin is by the Kapiti Coast and Wellington. They are a little bit of Maori and the rest of their culture New Zealander. And that is my Cultures

                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.