Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Verosa our egg friend!

Walt:Think about the purpose and reader by planning my recount

Cracked, hurry get a plaster. Racing with a egg and a spoon is cray cray.
Racing down the park as if we were cars.

Yesterday our class got given a little something to take care of. That something can be eaten. Before we were given our little friend we had to get into pairs. Mr Goodwin then said” please take care of your little friends very well, you might drop it”. I thought what could it be. He then brang it out of his cupboard.  It was eggs. Each pair were given eggs and a marker to draw a face. Once we drew a face we named it. My partner and I named her Verosa Goodwin, which stands for Venetia and Rosalina. We got a few tissues for our friend.

After we drew the face and named it we went outside, put our shoes on and lined up. We then walked to the park. We were super nervous because we could of dropped our little friend, over the rocks, through the breeze and onto the hard court. That’s a pretty long journey for an egg.  Once we were at the park each pair got given a spoon. We had to pick who would stay at the beginning of the park and who would go to the end. Those were our 1st and 2nds. My partner Rosalina decided that she'll go first. I had to wait a the other end of the park.

My partner got to the end of the park, it was now my turn. Rosalina handed me the spoon and egg. I was so anxious. I started to go through the park. I screamed the whole way. When I was on my way to the other side I saw my friend Talita. She cracked her egg. It was awesome fun. When we were finished we headed back to class. Since my friends egg was a little cracked someone got her a plaster.

I thought the egg race was awesome. I think we should have another one. Racing with just a spoon and an egg. I think Verosa had a great time with me and Rosalina.

My Recount Rubric

Recount Writing

1
2
3
4
Write for my reader
I've tried to think about my reader
My writing shows some awareness of reader because my writing is quite clear and I have tried to interest my reader.
My writing is easy to understand and I have tried to tell the reader what it was like to be there by giving details and my thoughts.
My writing really considers audience as reader because I have kept their interest and made them feel like they know exactly what it was like for me.
Purpose
I tried to meet the purpose
My text goes some way towards meeting the purpose
The message is clear in some parts of the recount.
My text fully meets the purpose.
The message is clear all through the recount.
Introduction
My introduction does not yet clearly orientate or hook in my reader.
My introduction gets some buy in from audience and they can understand what I am going to write about.
My introduction hooks in my reader and it is clear what I am writing about.
My introduction wows my reader!
Paragraph Topics
My paragraphs are confused and don't follow my plan.
I have tried to follow my plan.
Most my paragraphs are about 1 big idea and I have added some detail.
My paragraphs have some complex as well as simple sentences. Post paragraphs give details about 1 big idea.
I have followed the paragraph topic in my plan.
My paragraphs have complex and simple sentences. Paragraphs all give details about 1 big idea.
Task Description:Our task was to write a recount about what we did with our egg friend. We had to write a detailed recount that makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.